Have you ever been deeply, madly, and hopelessly in love? The kind of love that changes you for good, makes you smile for no reason, and compels you to thank God every single day of your life.
While it’s nothing less than a god’s gift to love or have been loved like that, it’s also completely devastating to lose that love.
It tosses you on the rocks, sucks the energy out of you, deprives you of all the happiness you knew, and leaves you indifferent to people and life. It does not even come with a guarantee of a road to recovery. And, why would you choose to tread the path of recovery when the memories are so beautiful that you can’t let go of them either. After all isn’t it all that you’re left with? Hanging on to them seems like a life-saving option.
Everyone has an opinion on your state of mind and some free advice (which I do appreciate btw). But, seriously how is one supposed to deal with –
- Being called his ‘friend’ when it meant so much more once?
- Seeing him talk to people while you wait for his time thinking back to times where every word you said meant so much more to him?
- Seeing the person walking around but not being able to hold his hand?
- Waiting for a response to your message not knowing if you would even get one?
- Not being able to call him when you so desperately want to share something and know no one else would get it the way he would have?
- Knowing his time is not yours anymore?
- Knowing he is probably speaking to someone else at this very moment?
- Realizing the wedding you wanted is happening but you’re not a part of it?
How is one supposed to deal with all this and still walk around smiling like everything’s alright?
At times, I do stare at the ceiling fan a little too long, hold the knife a little too carelessly, cross the street a little too slowly, but then I feel isn’t doing just about anything better than being dead? Like quitting your job to travel, Starting life all over again doing something you absolutely love, or you know just quitting on everything and going to the mountains!
This powerful thought has kept me going for a long time now and of course the hope of realizing my dream of backpacking across the world one day!
P.S: While it’s maddening to deal with this every day, I wouldn’t trade falling in love with anything else in the world. It was and still is my most precious gift!