“Travel is not reward for working, it’s education for living.”
In 2016, I quit my corporate job and left to travel as far away as possible from my home country, India. I found myself in Brazil from where I began my year-long adventures in South America. In the last six years that I have been constantly packing and unpacking, I have learned as much about myself as I have about the world.
I have spent years on the road travelling full-time with hundreds of hours of research of various travel gear behind it. I have tested multiple products, used them vigorously, and come up with this recommendation list that I can vouch for completely.
Spending money on the right things takes discipline but once mastered, budget travel becomes a way of life. Here are all my tried and tested tips of traveling on the road by myself for cheap.
Packing light is an art mastered over time. Becoming a minimalist follows for most long-term travelers.
Latest From The Blog
- Kodaikanal – Places to Stay
- Kodaikanal Flora – The unique fruits and flowers of Palni Hills
- Zen meditation center near Kodaikanal – Bodhi Zendo
- Kodaikanal: History | Attractions | Food | Stay | Treks
- Street Food Guide for Your First Trip to India
- What to do if you lose your Indian passport in a foreign country